A look back at the past month.
- Upcoming DFS work: Met with the K-State Division of Financial Services and project managers to start collecting requirements for the next phase of the DFS redesign and app development.
- My website: I released the new version of my website this month, now running on Eleventy. I’ll hopefully get around to writing a proper post with more details soon.
- Moving web hosting: I mostly finished moving my web hosting to DigitalOcean.
- GitHub Actions: As part of my web hosting move, I also decided to finally look into setting up GitHub Actions for deployment on my PHP websites, which has been much easier than I expected.
- Monthly K-State ITS update: It sounds like they want everyone back in the office in August, at least for a few weeks.
- Online learning: Attended the virtual Headless Commerce Summit, learning about e-commerce with Jamstack.
- NHL playoffs: It was up and down for the Penguins in May. They finished the regular season strong, landing the top spot in the East Division, but they exited the playoffs early, once again by the Islanders. Although they controlled the play for almost every game in the series, they ran into a hot opposing goalie, while also getting very poor goaltending themselves. This one is going to sting for a while. This felt like the best Penguins team since they won the cup in 2017, and I thought they had a chance to go deep into the playoffs.
- Spring car maintenance: We’ve been trying to take care of some car tasks before the summer arrives. My car has needed new tires for a while, but we also discovered our van needed tires as well.
- LEGO: I dug out some of my LEGO instructions and have been having fun rebuilding some old sets.
- Mai Tai: I’ve tried the Mai Tai at several restaurants, but I never fully enjoyed one until I started making my own. I especially like them with Hamilton 86 right now.
- Celebrations: Mother’s Day and five more family birthdays this month. On my wife’s birthday, we went to Geary Lake Falls, which was more impressive than I was expecting.
- Home repairs: We’ve started getting bids for some big projects that need to be done on our house.
- Finished Steve Jobs
- Finished Articulating Design Decisions
- Started In Our Joy
- Started Emotionally Healthy Discipleship
- ShopTalk Show
- 461: Dave Fired Everyone, WordPress Audio Player, Shared Element Transitions, and Fonts!
- 462: ShopTalk Show Live at AEA – The Web is Good, the Web is Bad
- 463: Choose Build Tools, Social Media Images, Border Radius Clipping, and Debugging Safari in Windows
- 464: Jamstack & New Netlify Features with Jason Lengstorf & Phil Hawksworth
- 349: Hasty Treat – Future Tech We’re Excited About
- 350: Potluck — Is it worth it to still learn WordPress? × Is Safari the new IE11? × Mobile website testing × Pirated content × Styled components × SSGs × Transitioning to full-time freelance × More!
- 351: Hasty Treat – Technical Debt
- 352: Potluck — Freelancing × Leveraging your experience × Component size × Dealing with mediocrity × How to spend "extra time" × Rust vs Node × Free hosting? × More!
- 353: Hasty Treat – Stylin the Unstylables
- 354: The Surprisingly Exciting World of HTML Elements
- One Footer in the Grave
- Puck Soup
- The One and Only Ivan
- The Father
- Madagascar: Escape 2 Africa
- Madagascar 3: Europe’s Most Wanted
- Raya and the Last Dragon
- Last Week Tonight
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers
A really fun Penguins season with another disappointing ending.
- 05-01: Penguins-Capitals
- 05-03: Penguins-Flyers
- 05-04: Penguins-Flyers
- 05-06: Penguins-Sabres
- 05-08: Penguins-Sabres
- NHL East Division 1st Round: Penguins-Islanders
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)
- NHL 21 (PS4)
- Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
- Apples to Apples Picture Time