Notes from my week.
- The Christmas activities have begun. This week we went to see The Chosen Christmas special in the theater (a warning for parents of young kids: it’s about an hour-and-a-half of music, with maybe 30 minutes of actual show).
- We also did a couple of our annual Christmas traditions: The Spirit of the Holidays Lighted Parade and Bethlehem Revisited, a living nativity experience.
- Fenway Sports Group, owners of the Red Sox, reach deal to buy Pittsburgh Penguins
- Jack Dorsey steps down as Twitter CEO
- Tom Holland will return for another trilogy of MCU Spider-Man movies
- The secret of the macOS Monterey network quality tool — via Daring Fireball
- The Omicron Variant
- Piccalilli and the Discord are closing down
- Penguins go full “Snoop Dogg” with new alternate jersey
- Windows 11 is getting some much-needed taskbar and Start menu improvements
- Casino Cheating Expert Reviews Card Counting and Casino Scams From Movies
- Apple Music’s terrible year in review is giving me serious Spotify Wrapped FOMO
- Microsoft’s new Windows prompts try to stop people downloading Chrome
- Dave Rupert — Vibe Check №11
- Embrace your code’s transience
- Embrace the Unpredictable
- Exactly What You Want
- Sony has an Xbox Game Pass competitor coming to PS4 and PS5, new report says
- Zoom might pay you $25 as part of a class-action settlement
- Netflix is turning viral Thanksgiving Mom tweet into a movie
- Microsoft backtracks on Windows 11’s controversial default browser changes
- LEGO Rolls Out a Collection of Wooden Home Accessories — 🔥🔥🔥
- Test Your Site With Real Users
- Ain’t No Party Like a Third Party
- How to Build a Daily Writing Habit
- A Simple Guide to Lean Process Improvement
- ShopTalk Show — 491: YouTube Benders, CSS Performance, Learning New CSS in 2022, Building a Great Embed, and Creating Slides
- Syntax — 409: Github Co-pilot is Gonna Take ur Job
- Syntax — 410: Everything in web dev is Amazing!
- Smashing Podcast — Is The Web Dead? with Chris Ferdinandi
- Continued Dark Age