Notes from my week.
This week was all about completing tasks for our new house purchase and getting our current home ready to sell.
- The reimagined cartoon version of Blazing Saddles is better than it looks — “Original Blazing Saddles writers Brooks, Richard Pryor, Andrew Bergman, Alan Uger, and Norman Steinberg all have screenplay credits on Paws of Fury, because it was originally conceived as an animated remake called Blazing Samurai.”
- Stray is the work of sly cat people, and it’s a triumph
- Corsair brings Nvidia’s impressive noise removal to its iCue and Elgato software
- Democrats prepare bill that would codify net neutrality
- Netflix’s latest anti-password sharing test lets users ‘buy’ additional homes
- Netflix is acquiring the animation studio behind The Lego Movie
- Slack is increasing its prices and making big changes to its free plan
- The iconic Atari 2600 console gets the Lego treatment
- A company called Meta is suing Meta for naming itself Meta
- Points, break.
- Vite 3.0 is out!
- Pittsburgh Penguins re-sign forward Kasperi Kapanen to 2-year deal
- Offseason grades for all 32 NHL teams: Judging free agency, trades, coaching moves, 2022 draft picks
- Atlanta’s final season is coming in September
- Trust me, you need a bookmarking app — and Raindrop is the best one — This looks pretty nice. I’ll have to try it out.
- Monkeypox is now a global emergency, World Health Organization says
- ShopTalk Show — 524: Package Security with Feross Aboukhadijeh from Socket
- Syntax — 486: Tips for Communicating
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — 187: Dana Carvey Returns
- Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
- DuckTales (2017)
- NHL 22 (PS5)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)