Notes from my week.
- Started a new project at work. I’m kind of excited for this project, because I get to use Svelte for the first time. I’ve been hearing a lot of great things about Svelte and SvelteKit.
- Watched part of Frontend Horse’s Holiday Snowtacular.
- Ordered new glasses. 🤓
- Started physical therapy for a nagging hip issue I’ve been dealing with most of the year.
- We had a huge wind storm on Wednesday that brought a tornado warning and knocked out our power for a few hours. There were several large trees down around town.
- Marc-Andre Fleury earns 500th win in Chicago Blackhawks’ win over Montreal Canadiens
- Generation Crosby: What the NHL’s young stars learned by watching Sid
- Marvel’s Eternals is coming to Disney Plus on January 12th
- Sony was bringing PlayStation Now to mobile phones, according to a confidential Apple presentation
- Toyota is going to make you pay to start your car with your key fob
- Sony’s new PS5 faceplates come in black and colorful options
- Analogue Pocket review: Game Boy games have never looked so good — Also on Polygon.
- Apple releases iOS 15.2 with App Privacy Report, Digital Legacy, and more
- Fantastic Beasts: The Secrets of Dumbledore trailer shows us Mads Mikkelsen’s Grindelwald
- The PS5 Darkplates made me want to grab Sony’s upcoming black faceplates — “Like Sony’s official faceplates and the Darkplates 1.0, there’s also an Easter egg on the inside of the plates. Sony etched a PlayStation icon microtexture featuring the PlayStation symbols, and the Darkplates 1.0 had Dbrand’s twist on those icons. For Darkplates 2.0, Dbrand opted to inscribe a lot of binary. I asked Dbrand what it means, and it said the binary is excerpts of the cease and desist letter Sony sent the company regarding Darkplates 1.0.”
- SharePlay is now available on Macs as part of the latest macOS Monterey update
- Business Garden Inn & Suites & Hotel Room Inn
- Under Facebook’s policies, users ‘essentially have no rights.’
- Everything Everywhere All At Once
- The Life, Death, and Afterlife of the American Mall
- Say Yes: Mel Brooks at 95
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
- Microsoft to make Windows Terminal the default Windows 11 command line experience
- Disney Plus now supports Apple’s new group watch feature SharePlay
- Read Your Website
- Remove Trackers
- Vaccine Avoidance, The Class Divide, and the Common Good
- Polygon — The best video games of 2021
- Think Without Boxes
- First Gutenberg Project
- 4 Design-Friendly Smart Lighting Styles to Personalize Your Home
- Epic is giving away 15 free games during its holiday sale, and the first is Shenmue III
- Stephen Colbert’s star-studded Lord of the Rings rap is the peak of his obsession
- Standardizing Focus Styles With CSS Custom Properties
- Embrace the Platform
- Getting started with GitHub Actions just got easier!
- ShopTalk Show — 493: TikTok, Accessibility Follow Up, Dave’s WYSIWYG Journey, Scaffolding Components, and All Unset
- Syntax — 413: How To Do Things In Svelte
- Syntax — 414: Potluck – enums, WASM, Lighthouse, Redirects
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — Quentin Tarantino
- Continued Dark Age
- NHL: Penguins-Canadiens
- NFL: Chiefs-Chargers
- Arthur Christmas
- NHL: Penguins-Sabres
- Red Notice
- Prep & Landing
- It’s a Wonderful Life
- Miracle on 34th Street (1994)
- Mini Motorways (iOS)