Notes from my week.
- Progress continued on selling our house. We left the kids with the grandparents in Kansas City while photos were taken on Tuesday, and the house was listed on Thursday.
- We have a bit of inactive termite damage on our house that we knew was treated before we bought the house. Unfortunately, that documentation was lost in The Great Paper Purge of 2020, so it looks like we will need to do another treatment before selling.
- We left to return to Kansas City for the weekend while potential buyers were looking at the house. It was a nice break from things, and we were able to take the kids to a big pool/water park.
- Before I go: What I know about putting on a rock show
- Review: Dillon Rhum Blanc 55 — TIL there is a Dillon rum brand, and now I need to find some.
- Marilyn Monroe’s life is all glitz and tragedy in first trailer for Netflix’s Blonde
- Joe Biden’s new plan: solar power for everyone, not just the rich
- Sony starts testing 1440p support for PS5
- Daniel Radcliffe’s Weird Al biopic gets November release date
- This interactive map highlights the most notable person from your hometown
- Things we’ve learned working from home
- Star Wars spinoff Andor has a new trailer and a new premiere date
- Hyper’s new Thunderbolt hub ditches the giant power brick
- Roku has a problem — its buttons aren’t printing enough money
- Logitech announces a dedicated cloud gaming handheld that supports Xbox Cloud Gaming and more
- ‘An engine for the imagination’: the rise of AI image generators
- How to turn your living room into a PC gaming haven
- HBO Max’s $90 million Batgirl movie is headed to the vault
- You can bring Internet Explorer back to life in Windows 11 if you’re a glutton for punishment
- Desk setup videos have taken over YouTube — and my life
- Microsoft Teams is now fully optimized for Macs with M1 or M2 chips
- Wemo’s new Smart Dimmer works with Thread and HomeKit, but not Matter
- Sony’s 27-inch 4K gaming monitor is good but not $900 good
- One of the best Google search hacks is getting even better
- Biden administration declares monkeypox a public health emergency
- Sleeping for the first time in my life
- Actually, the San Francisco Typeface Does Ship as a Variable Font
- Dave Rupert — Vibe Check №19
- ShopTalk Show — 526: Web Components, Testing, and Database Seeding
- Syntax — 491: How to Spark your Imagination and Get Excited about Coding
- Smashing Podcast — How do you ship a billion dollar idea? with Paul Boag
- NHL 22 (PS5)