My first weeknotes! I’m jumping on the bandwagon. There will probably be a few kinks I need to work out as I find a format that I like.
I celebrated my 40th birthday last week. Birthdays have been a bit strange during the pandemic, but I had a fun, relaxing day at home (while it rained outside most of the day). I spent the day hanging out with my family, eating some good food, and putting together a new LEGO set. At the end of the day, I was shown a surprise video of birthday messages from friends and family around the country (and world).
I‘m very excited to have the NHL back! (I’m not so excited about how my Penguins are doing…) The fake crowd noise is a bit weird, but I still think it’s better than total silence.
- ShopTalk Show — Web Components, Frameworks vs Vanilla, Accessible Numbers, and SVG Memory Usage
- Smashing Podcast — Are Modern Best Practices Bad For The Web? with Chris Ferdinandi — This episode came at a pretty good time for me as I’m starting to use Vue.
- The GitHub Profile Trick — A hidden GitHub feature that allows you to customize your profile page by using a
README.mdfile in a repo with the same name as your username.
- Watch Popcorn Popping in Super Slow Motion (100,000 fps)
- I’m Thinking of Ending Things trailer
- CUBE CSS — An interesting new CSS methodology.
- Using Trello as a Super Simple CMS — Very cool!