Notes from my week.
- Installed iOS 15 and Safari 15 on macOS. I don’t mind the visual changes on Safari on both platforms as much as I thought I would based on the criticism. But it will be difficult for me to get used to the address bar being on the bottom in iOS now.
- I ordered a new Steelcase Amia office chair that arrived this week. I think I like it so far, and it’s a huge upgrade over my old chair. I wanted a Herman Miller Aeron like the one I just had to return to my former employer, but they seem to be much more expensive than I was expecting (and I was already expecting a lot). I already like the arm rests on the Amia much better than the Aeron though.
- We had two new QA employees start this week. We’re waiting on a front-end developer to start in October, and we are still looking for another back-end developer to add to the team.
- My brother was visiting from California this week, his first visit in over a year.
- With my brother visiting Kansas, we planned a family camping trip to Elk City State Park. We all really like this camp site, so we might have to plan on re-visiting in the future.
- Apple’s Home app and HomeKit devices are getting these 8 new features next week
- Florida man used Disney employee iPad to magically skip lines
- Why you need a personal laptop
- Ikea’s $39.99 pad adds built-in wireless charging to almost any table
- iPhone 13 deals are extra aggressive this year, here’s why
- iPhone 13 review: Yep, bigger batteries are better
- iOS 15 and iPadOS 15 review: Foundational fixes
- Apple updates macOS Safari with a new look, but you can turn off the big changes
- Discord starts testing YouTube integration weeks after Google shuts down music bots
- Pittsburgh Penguins’ Evgeni Malkin out at least first two months of 2021-22 NHL season — Boo
- ShopTalk Show — 481: Frontend Feud: ShopTalk vs Syntax
- Syntax — 389: Hasty Treat – Webhooks
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — Conan Talks About Norm Macdonald
- Continued Morning Star
- NCAA football: K-State-Oklahoma State
- Last Week Tonight
- NHL 21 (PS4)