Notes from my week.
- I watched the Apple California Streaming event to see the new iPhones. My wife and I are using 6-year-old iPhones 6s, and we need to upgrade soon.
- After trying and failing to get my Logitech Performance MX mouse working on my M1 MacBook, I broke down and bought a new Logitech MX Master 3. It seems to work much, much better.
- When first connecting my new mouse via Bluetooth, the software told me there is an issue with Bluetooth connectivity and FileVault. Logitech’s proposed solution is to disable FileVault, which seems like terrible advice. I decided to just use the included unifying receiver instead.
- I spent a bit of time this week watching a few of the Nuxt Nation conference talks.
- I planted grass in my back yard again this past weekend. Hopefully, the third time’s the charm.
- Drone Panorama of Cao Bang
- Hawkeye’s first trailer introduces the other Hawkeye and some Christmas hijinks
- Google search is finally officially getting dark mode on desktop
- Disney says the rest of its 2021 slate of movies will have exclusive theatrical releases
- YouTube is also forcing the popular Rythm Discord music bot offline
- Mozilla has defeated Microsoft’s default browser protections in Windows
- The Texas Switch
- Sony’s big PS5 update with M.2 SSD support launches September 15th
- Apple’s iPhone 13 event: the 8 biggest announcements
- Jamstack Conf 2021 — A free virtual conference in October.
- Vue.js Nation Conference — Another free conference in January.
- 3 Years — Andy Bell talks about going freelance 3 years ago.
- Monotype acquired Hoefler&Co
- Razer made gamer thimbles
- Every Sport a Bowling Ball
- Fiat’s Rooftop Racetrack
- The Winners of the 2021 Drone Photo Awards
- Watch Flamingos Eat Underwater
- The Avocado Test
- Guillermo Del Toro’s next film Nightmare Alley is carnival meets noir in its first teaser
- Ikea’s gaming range launches globally next month
- Writing the Clearleft newsletter
- Science proves that if you want to succeed in your work or art, you need to always be evolving.
- ShopTalk Show — 480: Pushing Users to the App, Browser Feature List, Notion Fun, and The Surprise Chain
- The SimpleBits Show — 9: Twenty Bits I Learned: Making fonts, books, and…puppets
- The SimpleBits Show — 10: Pop culture mashing with Christopher “Failed Imagineer” Michon
- The CSS Podcast — Background
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — Joel McHale
- Continued Morning Star
- NHL 21 (PS4)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)