Notes from my week.
- Attended the Nuxt Nation Vue.js Fundamentals workshop this week.
- We had a broken shower drain in our basement, and the plumbers fixed it (a.k.a. destroyed our bathroom).
- Started an Apple Music music trial. So far I like it, but it’s driving me crazy that there is no place to view all the songs and artists I’ve “loved” on the service.
- My wife and I are in need of phone upgrades, and currently there are a lot of great deals for trading up to the iPhone 13. But this week I discovered that those great deals are not available for us because we are stuck in Sprint limbo. Out plan will automatically switch to T-Mobile in January, and we can’t get the T-Mobile deals until we are on a T-Mobile plan. I was just going to manually switch the plan, but it turns out that it’s not quite as simple as I initially thought. This got me looking at other phone companies, and right now it seems that Verizon might end up being the best deal for us.
- Shop Talk Goes Video
- One Complaint Per Table — A conversation with Orson Welles.
- HBO reveals first look at its The Last of Us TV show
- Cobra Kai season 4 gets first trailer before Netflix’s big December release
- Washington Capitals become first NHL team to sell advertising on jerseys, announce partnership with Caesars Entertainment
- The best fantasy hockey team names for 2021
- Stranger Things season 4 gets a new teaser trailer
- The Most Difficult Shot in Movie History (And Why It Matters)
- Trailer for PT Anderson’s Licorice Pizza
- 1Password gets its own ‘hide my email’ feature
- Twenty years of writing on my website
- CSS Trick: Inner Border Gradient
- Lego Versions of Iconic Album Covers
- Continuous Sidewalks
- The Book of Boba Fett premieres on Disney Plus December 29th
- Wyze’s new $15 smart scale has a mode for luggage, pets, and babies — Hopefully this new scale works better than their last one. My Wyze Scale only gets about a week or two of battery life.
- What’s the deal with Seinfeld’s aspect ratio on Netflix? — Ugh, still with the cropping.
- ShopTalk Show — 482: Asset Pipeline Issues, Google ZX, Crazy CSS, and a New CSS Reset
- Syntax — 391: Hasty Treat – Desktop Apps + New Tech We Love
- NHL 21 (PS4)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)