Notes from my week.
- Our kids were with the grandparents all week, so my wife and I spent most of the week trying to get some extra work done around the house.
- Set up my new desk and worked on getting my office area looking a little better.
- Working on my application for the Public Service Loan Forgiveness (PSLF) program. If I had consolidated my loans the “right” way, I would have qualified for forgiveness in 2019. There is currently a waiver that accepts past payments toward the program, so if you are in a situation similar to mine, you should check it out again ASAP to see if you now qualify (the waiver ends in October).
- Made a few updates to the Tallgrass at The Well website.
- Lego’s new $400 Lion Knights’ Castle is a love letter to my childhood
- Lego’s original spaceship, the Galaxy Explorer, is back and better than ever
- Everyone’s ready to die on that hill in Stranger Things 4 Volume 2’s first trailer
- The Demo → Demo Loop
- Today I learned you can identify plants and flowers using just your iPhone camera
- Twelve South’s new Apple charger is a compact and cheaper three-in-one alternative
- What’s on your desk, Alice Newcome-Beill?
- GitHub’s AI-powered Copilot will help you write code for $10 a month
- Weekend updates
- Apple MacBook Pro 13 (2022) review: new chip, old threads
- Ikea’s new virtual design tool deletes your furniture and replaces it with Ikea’s
- FedEx will soon photograph your package to prove it was delivered — FedEx delivers our packages to the wrong location pretty regularly, so I look forward to them sending me photos of someone else’s house.
- iPads might lose their smart home hub abilities in iOS 16
- Brave’s search engine lets you customize your results
- Amazon shows off Alexa feature that mimics the voices of your dead relatives
- iOS 16’s editable iMessages may not play nice with older iPhones
- The NHL is getting into NFTs, because that’s just what sports leagues do now
- RIP Chris Evans’ iPhone 6S
- ShopTalk Show — 520: Conferences, Search Engines, Anonymity, CSS, :Has, and the Future with Eric Meyer and Jeffrey Zeldman
- Syntax — 473: New Viewport Units
- Syntax — 474: Home Automation – A Look Ahead
- The Unbearable Weight of Massive Talent
- NHL Stanley Cup Finals — No more hockey until the fall 😢