Notes from my week.
- I set up a pack of TP-Link Deco XE5300 mesh routers to help kill the Wi-Fi dead spots in our house. So far, so good. I was worried the router settings would be too simple and limited, but it looks like they have all the settings I would want. The one odd thing is that the routers need to be managed in an app. There’s still a settings page that can be opened in the browser, but it’s pretty limited.
- My daughter ran a 5K for Girls on the Run on Saturday, and she did great! My mom came to town to watch the race and join us for some Christmas activities.
- I enjoyed watching K-State win the Big 12 championship!
- Our church finally has a new name after we merged two churches together. We had a website meeting earlier in the week to talk about branding and website redesign.
News, notes, and interesting reads from around the web.
- How to capture single frame from an HTML video
- Penguins unveil Winter Classic jersey
- Penguins’ Kris Letang out indefinitely after second stroke of career
- 1Password embraces a passwordless future
- Now 1Password remembers sites that use third-party accounts like Google or Facebook to log in
- LastPass’ latest data breach exposed some customer information
- The Arc browser is the Chrome replacement I’ve been waiting for
- Keychron’s new keyboard pairs a low-profile design with premium construction
- Portal’s free ray-tracing DLC will release on December 8th
- Zens’ new Apple MagSafe multicharger powers up to four devices
- Introducing Mona Sans and Hubot Sans
- The Case of the Missing Scorsese Film
- The Greatest Films of All Time
- It’s not your imagination: Shopping on Amazon has gotten worse
Lots of gift guides on The Verge:
- The Verge’s favorite holiday gifts under $50
- The Verge’s 2022 holiday gift guide for dads
- The Verge’s 2022 home tech holiday gift guide
- The Verge’s 2022 holiday gift guide for travelers
- The Verge’s 2022 holiday gift guide for creators
- The Verge’s 2022 holiday gift guide for working from home
- ShopTalk Show — 543: Zach Leatherman on Eleventy, Mastodon, Twitter, and is-land
- Syntax — 533: Zod Schema Validation and Type Generation
- Whiskey Web and Whatnot — Debating React, Fonts, and Fatherhood with Josh Collinsworth
- Whiskey Web and Whatnot — Framework Debates, Tech Layoffs, and Starlink