Notes from my week.
- Attended the (virtual) K-State One IT Engage Conference
- Continued making minor fixes and improvements to the K-State DFS project. It looks like phase 1 should be wrapping up soon.
- Completed “TypeScript: The Big Picture” and “Vue.js: Big Picture” Pluralsight courses
- Working on my portfolio. After trying (and failing) to upgrade to Jekyll 4, I feel like I need to make the move to Eleventy sooner rather than later.
- We finally made it to the “secret beach” at Tuttle Lake. We walked in the completely wrong direction at first, but our kids had fun playing in the mud for a bit. Now that we found the beach, we wish we had been going there all summer.
- Our last Tallgrass Church central gathering at the park (for a while at least)
- NFL: Chiefs-Patriots
- Last Week Tonight with John Oliver
- The Vice Presidential Debate
- Frozen II
- NCAA football: K-State-TCU
- NFL: Chiefs-Raiders
- Untitled Goose Game — I think I’m one achievement away from finishing this game
- Finished The Hitchhiker’s Guide to the Galaxy
- The CSS Podcast — 017: Shadows
- The CSS Podcast — 018: Focus
- The CSS Podcast — 019: Z-Index and Stacking Context
- ShopTalk Show — 433: Garbage PRs, Wayfinding on the Web, and Chapter 2 of the History of the Web
- Smashing Podcast — What’s new in Vue 3.0? with Natalia Tepluhina
- All Consuming — NUGGS — A funny new podcast from Adam Lisagor and Noah Kalina. They review some random product they see advertised on Instagram. Check out the trailer on Twitter.
- The Widening Responsibility for Front-End Developers — An epic article from Chris Coyier summarizing the evolution of the front-end developer
- Preventing a Grid Blowout — I just ran into the exact problem he describes where
<pre>was blowing up my grid and hiding the overflow wasn’t helping.
- Razer made a Visa card for gamers so naturally it has an LED — Between this and the Apple Card, it’s pretty clear that I’m going to start signing up for credit cards just for the physical card itself rather than any kind of deals they offer.
- More PlayStation 5 news:
- Accidentally Wes Anderson, the Book