A look back at the past month.
- Tallgrass Church + The Well: My church has been looking at the possibility of merging with another local church. We’ve been meeting together this month, and it seems to be going well.
- Web hosting: Finished up transitioning to my new web host. I had been on DreamHost since 2005.
- Server scripts: Wrote shell scripts for MySQL and file backups on my new web host.
- Assistant director interviews: Spent a lot of time in open interviews for a few assistant director positions at work.
- K-State DFS Surplus Property: Requirements gathering meetings continued.
- Car battery: My car wouldn’t start after getting gas, so I had to get a new battery. It turns out the battery was quite old.
- Dad’s birthday: Celebrated my dad’s birthday, the last of the many family birthdays in the spring and early summer for us.
- K-State Zoom branding: Finished the new K-State Zoom landing page. Working around the limitations imposed by Zoom was frustrating at times.
- Wichita: Made a weekend trip to Wichita. My mom took the kids for a couple days. My wife and I got to check out Lava & Tonic, a very good tiki bar.
- Next.js Conf: Attended the virtual Next.js Conf, which turned out to be more of a product announcement than an actual conference.
- K-State People Search: Had a meeting with Jan, David, Jon, and Kurt to talk about an upcoming K-State People Search project. David had some pretty solid wireframes that just need to be slightly tweaked.
- K-State Admissions Representatives: Removed the military option from the K-State Admissions Representatives app. I also made a fix that prevents the user from selecting a state before the data finishes loading. This was causing the wrong schools to show up when a new state was selected quickly.
- Team changes: Had what should be our final bi-weekly meeting with Jan. Kurt was hired as an assistant director, and he will lead a new team combining the Java team and the former web team.
- Finished Range
- Finished Lightweight Django
- Finished In Our Joy
- Continued Emotionally Healthy Discipleship
- Continued The Whole-Brain Child
- Started Watchmen
- ShopTalk Show
- 465: Linters, Delivering HTML in a Single File, Specialist or Generalist, and Social Image Previews
- 466: Tabs In Component Libraries, Grouping @media Queries, and When is Software Finished?
- 467: New Frameworks, Astro, New React, and WWDC 21 Thoughts
- 468: Is Sass Still Cool? Animation vs Transition, Animated Tables, and Dark Mode in Email
- 469: Syntax Crossover with Wes Bos and Scott Tolinski
- #356: Bike Shedding — Developer Opinions Explained
- #357: Hasty Treat – How to Make Money as a Creator
- #360: Potluck – Immutability × Turning Off Your Brain × Types vs Interfaces × Hooks vs Components × Making the Most of Your First Job × Confidence in Svelte × More!
- #361: Hasty Treat – What is SvelteKit?
- #362: CSS Container Queries, Layers, Scoping and More with Miriam Suzanne
- #364: Potluck – Web components × Gear × Docker × Web Dev Frameworks × Golden Handcuffs × Browser Testing × SSR React × Code Prediction × More!
- Smashing Podcast
- Puck Soup
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend
- Penguins of Madagascar
- In The Heights
- Pooh’s Heffalump Movie
- Spirit Untamed
- Raiders of the Lost Ark
- The Mighty Ducks: Game Changers
- Mythic Quest
- Last Week Tonight
- NHL Stanley Cup Playoffs
- NHL 21 (PS4)
- Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
- Throw Throw Burrito
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)