Notes from my week.
- We had a long Independence Day weekend in Kansas City (the kids spent the previous week there with the grandparents, while Jermaine and I got some things done around the house). We packed quite a bit into the weekend: Had dinner with some old college friends
- I have been looking into free services to set up a status page for my websites. I tried setting up a Nuxt app to pull the data, which has been a fun way to start learning Nuxt.
- Started up on a paleo diet again.
- Dentist appointment (no cavities 🎉).
- K-State HR released their remote work policy guidelines.
- The DFS Surplus Property website redesign took a pretty big turn this week. We were given a requirement to use some software that has yet to be purchased, so it looks like it will have to be put on hold for a while.
- Our cat had surgery on his foot over 3 months ago, but it still wasn’t healing properly. We took him to another vet to get a second opinion, and we’re hoping he can make a full recovery.
- A few weeks ago I noticed an “archive” button in my wife’s 1Password app. This week I looked into it, and it seems to be a new feature I had missed. Previously, I had just created a separate vault for archived items, so this looks like a nice change.
- Had our first team meeting after being shuffled under our new assistant director. Hopefully, this will mean the dust is finally settling for us on this department restructuring that started nearly 4 years ago when the new CIO was hired.
- Made homemade maraschino cherries. Making them wasn’t too difficult, but there probably has to be something I can buy that is in between the cheap, fake grocery store cherries and the $20 Luxardo brand cherries.
- Fail whale. Fail Captain Ahab. Fail Ishmael. Fail the Pequod and her whole damn crew! Oh, just @&$% a %!&@$, fail all of Twitter! — This sucks.
- Ghost of Tsushima is getting an enhanced director’s cut on the PS4 and PS5 — Watched the trailer and now I want it!
- What’s the deal with the Seinfeld soundtrack finally coming out?
- Microsoft’s Blue Screen of Death is changing to black in Windows 11 — The color change definitely better reflects my feeling of despair when I see this screen.
- Researcher finds certain network names can disable Wi-Fi on iPhones
- Kaseya ransomware attackers demand $70 million, claim they infected over a million devices
- Some Amazing Shots from the Last Decade of Movies
- Pig — Imagine Taken, but with a pig. Or as my friend said, “Baken”.
- NFT of the World Wide Web’s source code sells for $5.4 million
- Tampa Bay Lightning close out Montreal Canadiens in Game 5 to win second straight Stanley Cup
- Rink ice from Tampa Bay Lightning’s Amalie Arena used in limited-edition beer
- App Helps You Build New Creations from Your Existing Lego Pile
- The US Isn’t Ready for Another Pandemic
- Louis Armstrong’s Final Recording
- Scrapped intro from WWDC 2014 with Larry David as head app reviewer
- GitHub’s automatic coding tool rests on untested legal ground
- The first trailer for Disney’s Encanto is a musical, magical overload
- ShopTalk Show — 470: Slap a WAAPI, Explaining the Shadow DOM, LayoutNG, iFrames, the Web Animation API
- Puck Soup — Awards Drama
- Puck Soup — Conn Smythe or Con Job?
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — #130: Kathryn Hahn
- Conan O’Brien Needs a Friend — #128: President Barack Obama
- NHL Stanley Cup Finals
- Ma Rainey’s Black Bottom
- Pokémon Detective Pikachu
- Black Widow
- Monsters at Work
- Last Week Tonight
- NHL 21 (PS4)
- Ghost of Tsushima (PS4)
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)