Notes from my week.
- Covid hit our family this week. Our oldest daughter tested positive, and we were all sick within a few days. I felt like I was sick most of the week but continued testing negative until I finally got a positive test on Friday. Fortunately, I believe we had the less-severe omicron variant and we were all fully vaccinated, so our sickness was fairly mild. In fact, a day or two after the kids were sick, it would have been difficult to tell they had been sick at all. The biggest impact was the kids being out of school and missing out on some social activities.
- Continued making branding updates to the Tallgrass at The Well website.
- Attended the virtual Vue.js Nation conference.
- Made a few fixes and content updates to my website.
- Every company seems to have an end-of-the-year wrap-up, so it shouldn’t have been a surprise to see my PlayStation wrap-up show up in my inbox. I even got one from our electric company.
- An AI Makes Breakfast
- A new Steam feature allows you to play games more easily across multiple PCs
- The iconic silver bullet Airstream camping trailer has returned as a remote-controlled EV
- Guillermo del Toro’s Pinocchio is finally a real wooden boy in first teaser
- What Will Pandemic Life Be Like in a Month?
- iOS 15.3 is out now, and it fixes a nasty Safari bug
- Valve will start selling the Steam Deck on February 25th
- You no longer have to say ‘Hey Google’ to get the Assistant to shut up
- Uncharted: Legacy of Thieves Collection is a revelation on PS5
- Moderna starts trial of an omicron-specific COVID-19 vaccine
- Gordle — Hockey’s answer to Wordle.
- NHL 22’s huge update today adds national teams — women included
- Epic will keep giving away free games in 2022
- Apple might let you use Face ID with a mask in the next iOS update
- What We Do in the Shadows — Watched the first episode. My wife didn’t love the movie and felt the same about the TV show.
- NHL: Penguins-Kraken
- King Richard
- The Ice Age Adventures of Buck Wild
- Bluey — Continued season 3.
- NHL: Penguins-Kings
- NFL: AFC Championship — Chiefs-Bengals
- NHL 22 (PS5)
- Sushi Go!
- Civilization VI (PC, Steam)