Notes from my week.
- Somehow I missed the news in June that GitHub is discontinuing Atom. Being a former (and still sometimes) Atom user, I’m somewhat sad to see that Atom is going away. It’s been apparent that all of Microsoft’s attention has been on VS Code for a while now (I’ve tried to use VS Code several times, and I have never really enjoyed it).
- Zed is an upcoming text editor built by the original Atom team lead.
- Hockey is back!
- Wired.com: 20 years later
- NHL and Zamboni partner on new ride-on toy for children
- Dave Rupert — Vibe Check №21
- Twitter locks Kanye West out of his account following anti-Semitic post
- Roku launches range of smart home products with partners Wyze and Walmart
- Apple shows Windows some love with new Music, TV, and iCloud photos integration
- Microsoft Edge’s Workspaces feature lets you share a group of tabs with a single link
- Samsung and Google make it easier to share your smart home with Matter
- Samsung SmartThings is now Matter certified
- Warner Bros. Discovery is effectively killing Cartoon Network
- 1Password 8 is now on the Apple Watch
- Twitter is working on an official don’t @ me feature
- Netflix’s ad tier will cost $6.99 a month and launch in November
- Google is now testing passkey support for Chrome and Android
- The best iOS lock screen widget is made by Google
- One designer’s quest to build the world’s greatest desk accessories
- ShopTalk Show — 536: Functional Programming, npm Dependency Hell, and the Patchability of the Web
- Syntax — 518: How to Get Past the Blahs and Finish Your Project
- The Stack Overflow Podcast — 495: The right way to job hop
- NFL: Chiefs-Raiders
- Fargo — Started season 4
- NHL: Penguins-Coyotes
- The Nightmare Before Christmas
- Atlanta — Continued season 3
- NFL: Chiefs-Bills
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (PC, Steam)